Monday 28 January 2013

The 'Weight" is over...weigh in day!

      2 weeks down. Working out 4 times a week and eating as healthy as my fat little body can handle. After 2 weeks of trying my best not to order a donut, eating the kids school snacks, or trying to find healthier ways to eat the foods I love; it was weigh in time. I do admit, I feel a bit thinner. I think the best way to gauge as to whether or not you have lost weight is by your clothes. Well obviously if you step on a scale and it says you've lost weight then you've lost weight smart ass. Let me break it down for you. You've just finished the laundry and you're pulling your jeans out of the dryer. Your jeans are always at their tightest when you just get them out of the dryer. So if you put them on and they're not as tight, your fat ass has lost some weight! People can say all the time that their clothes are looser, but did you put those clothes on right out of the dryer? Probably not tubby...Anyway, steppin' on the scale time. According to the scale, I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and by my measurements I'm down roughly 4 inches overall. I know that is something that I should be really excited about but I feel like I could have done better. Tubby Twin said she felt like all she could think about was the bad things she ate and how she shouldn't have eaten them. Along with that I thought about the things that I could have done to get myself moving. Rather than sitting and watching tv, I totally should have ran on the spot throughout commercials or something. It's really easy to be hard on myself so I suppose I should use it as motivation for my next weigh in.
      We've welcomed a new member to the Durant gym this week! We'll call her Chilly Chubby Chick. The gym is in a garage that is currently being heated by little area heaters and of course our incredible hot asses. This week has been so cold, it's almost impossible to sweat in that gym.(It could be that we're not working out that hard but whatever...lol) It definitely isn't a place for someone to come if they are already cold all the time. Chilly Chubby Chick said she's cold even at home, so it's definitely going to take some adjusting for her...lol
My week in food...Greek yogurt with strawberries and chia seeds;
cherry tomatoes and roasted chick peas; my muffins! and onions
sweet potatoes and broccoli...
    OH! I have tried baking something healthy on three different occasions recently. The first time baked some cookies that was basically oats, bananas and peanut butter. I'm sure it was mistaken for a recipe for dog treats because that's definitely what it tasted like. The second thing I baked was protein brownies. No, just no. I used WAY too much Splenda when I thought I wasn't even using enough. I could taste the fake sugar before I even put it to my mouth. It was ridiculous and frankly, made this fat girl sad. Finally, FINALLY, I tried making Strawberry Chocolate Chip muffins. They were good! I substituted regular brown sugar for Splenda and whole wheat flour for regular flour. Not only did they taste good but I don't feel like such a big fat failure when I'm eating them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment