Tuesday 22 January 2013

Excuses, excuses

Best ever!
      Ohhh look, new template. People running seemed a bit more fitting for a blog about healthy eating and exercising (or lack there of). Also, it's orange and that colour makes me happy. Except when I'm wearing it, I look like a giant pumpkin waiting to be carved.
So with the first week down of actually watching what I eat and exercising, I'm feeling sore today. Normally this would be a reason for me to not work out. Actually I can probably list you 100 reasons why I don't work out. Here's a few of my fave.

1. I can't miss Vampire Diaries tonight, I better stay home. (I now PVR it, duh)
2. Ugh...my tummy is upset. I may vomit or poop my pants on the treadmill, I better stay home. (Now that I think about it, pooping myself on a treadmill would be pretty hilarious and think about the weight loss!)
3. I have too much to do at home, dishes; laundry; cleaning....(Why I ever thought I should stay home to clean is beyond me, allow me to smack myself in the head)
4. I have no one to go with, I don't wanna do this alone. (Why would I want anyone to come with me so they can see me panting like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet)
5. I'm way too fat to be working out. (Not really much I can say about this one. It's like saying I'm too stinky to shower....)

       There really are no excuses that are valid anymore. It also helps that there are 2 other people waiting for you at the Garage gym, although Baby Arms used the "my daughter is too sick for me to come in" excuse last night. Too bad I literally live a 2 second drive away...damn it.
       The best part of this whole healthy eating this is I've discovered that I like to cook! I buy all these random new veggies and lean meats and try and figure out what to do with them. Yesterday I made stuffed peppers for the first time. I've never eaten stuffed peppers before and I'm glad no one was here to see it. I sat there looking at my pepper for about 5 minutes trying to figure out if I cut it, scoop the stuff out or what. I used the pepper as a bowl kinda, ate the stuff in the middle and then ate the pepper like an apple...lol It takes a lot more thought to eat healthy. Normally, a side would be french fries or something fried would be thrown on a plate with a burger or something. Now I try to figure out which ways I can make veggies. Baked, sauteed, or steamed. I didn't realize how many different ways you can make certain veggies. Broccoli in the oven with some garlic and lemon is so good it makes me wanna punch deep fried onion rings in their fatty face. The biggest problem I've had is drinking water. I really don't drink anything throughout the day. I need to find some way to remember to drink water. However, my lack of drinking water would be really beneficial for me if I was ever lost in the desert. Maybe every time I think about eating something unhealthy, I should water. I'm gonna be peeing constantly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment