Tuesday 9 April 2013

And we begin again....

       It's been a REALLY long time since I've blogged. To sum things up as fast as possible, things have fallen apart...fatly. I don't think it's really possible to pinpoint the time in which I switched back to Fattyville, but I'm pretty sure I've become the president. I developed an addiction to a little ditty called a Caramel Apple Fritter. It became my crack, and I'm not even sure what being on crack is like! The workouts stopped, the gym became vacant and I'm pretty sure I managed to become fatter. I've managed to stay away from the scale, but I can tell by my GIANT reflection on the mirror that shit got bigger. I began to tell myself that being healthy was obviously something that I'm not good at, something that I can't see myself committing to for the rest of my life. I'm not sure why it's so much easier to eat like a heffer but I'm really, really good at it. Life seemed to get the best of me and I put myself on the back burner yet again.
        More than ever, I definitely need to get fit. I got engaged a month ago and the only thing that stresses me out the most about the wedding is the way I'm gonna look. No girl wants to be fat on their wedding day. My biggest fear is that I'm going to look back on that day and regret that I did nothing to change the way I look. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do NOT wear tank tops. I can't stand the look of my giant arms and I really feel like it is a my responsibility to society to keep those giant eye sores covered. That creates quite a predicament for me and the wedding dress situation. Dresses with sleeves are kinda ugly. No offence if you've worn one, but that's just my personal opinion. Then there's the shawl route. However, everyone's gonna know that I'm wearing a shawl cause I'm a big fat fatty and not because I think it's pretty. I wanna wear a strapless dress that makes my boobs stand out and look fantastic. I wanna rock the shit out of it! So again, I begin my never ending cycle of 'getting healthy'. I suppose I should go into this new adventure with a more positive attitude. I do have a BIG goal and a fairly LARGE reward at the end of this adventure....let's see how this one lasts. I say 2 weeks....any bets? lol
     Oh ya, I'm still doing the Colour Run in August. The only training I've started is walking from the fridge to the couch. If that was an actual event, I'd win Gold for sure!

1 comment:

  1. you know that I have also dealt with this problem my whole life so I have Some tips for you that may help.

    1. Start small. Most people who take on a diet or lifestyle change and want to get healthy think they can do it in a short time by making huge changes. Hate to say it but you probably can't. Make little changes like Switching from regular pop to diet pop(that was a big one for me and you eventually get used to the taste. I cant even drink regular coke anymore). Stop having dessert after dinner. Walk to the corner store every now and then instead of driving. Stuff like that. Little changes are the easist to do and you'll stop noticing them soon enough and then you'll be able to make more little changes.

    2. Make your workouts fun at first. Let's face it, the gym sucks balls if you simply force yourself to go just to get a workout in. Try finding something active you enjoy doing and do that. Luckily my love of fighting is helped by my gym having heavy bags and what not that I can use. It makes a workout fun and I'll go harder doing an MMA style workout than I will if I jsut hit the treadmill for half an hour. I dont even always realise how good of a workout I'm doing until I can barely raise my arms. You like sports so maybe go play basketball at the gym. It will be fun and it's a good workout. After a while you'll eassociate being at the gym with having a good time and the more you do there the more of a good time you'll have and eventually you'll just love going to the gym no matter what workout you're doing.

    3. Start small at the gym as well. Don't go running for an hour and then hitting the weights, and then playing basketball on your first day. Go in with a plan and do something you can handle. Make it a workout but don't kill yourself on the first day or you'll hate going and never find enjoyment in it. I didn't bench 250lbs on my first day. It takes time to make the gains so take that time and enjoy it.

    4. Don't do it for the wedding dress. Sure you'll work your ass off(literally! HEYOOO! terrible but I had to lol)and look great for one day but then once you've hit that goal, then what? What's your next goal after that? oh you don;t have one? well you'll probably slack off then because you hit your goal of looking good in a wedding dress. Do it for the reason of getting and staying healthy. One day of looking good, or a lifetime of FEELING and looking good? up to you.

    5. IT"S HARD!! GET USED TO IT!! It's called a workout not an easyout. The aforementioned advice is ways to get started and to make the transition easier. Like I said I know how hard ir can be. These things helped me get started down a lifelong path. Once I got started I realised it can be very hard. Very trying. Very frustrating. Get used to it. Eventually it stops being hard and starts being part of your life. All of a sudden you realise the drive to the gym is just your daily routine. When you shop for groceries you'll forget which aisle all the junk food is in because it's been so long since you;ve been down it. You'll wonder why you wasted so much time on the couch instead of living and being active. Then you realise that it's not hard anymore but all the hard work was worth it. Trust me on this one. It's experisnce talking haha.

    I've been on both sides of this particular fence. I know the struggles. Struggles that unfortunately for my genetics I will always have to deal with. Its hard but it gets easier. And I'll always be here for you if you need help

    ReplyDelete