Sunday 23 February 2014

Paleo???

         I've heard a lot about this eating plan and thought that I would give it a try. Why not? I've tried eating healthy every way known to man. After doing probably far too much research than I needed to, really I should have just started eating healthier while doing it, I think I have it all figured out. If following people on Instagram who ate healthy made you skinny, I'd be the skinniest bitch around. I found a 2 week Paleo meal plan that I based my grocery shopping off of. For those of you who don't know what Paleo is, let me save you a few seconds of googling it.

The Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, eggs, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, potatoes, refined salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.

          Realistically, there is no way I can justify paying for grain fed meat. I have three children to feed as well. Looks like I'm gonna be sticking to hormone pumped fatty cows and steroid raging chickens instead. I'm sure that it's a lot better for me and the kids to eat grass fed, organic stuff, but it's just not in the financial cards.
         Just like any good failed diet, I obviously cannot begin it on a weekend. With Monday just around the corner, that looks like the sure start date to my 'caveman' diet. I've decided to prep some food so I have no excuse to grab something unhealthy. I wish that it was simple enough to eliminate all unhealthy food in my house but if I don't provide my kids with some sort of sugary snack, they'll riot. Children are frightening now a days! Tonight I'm making Paleo chili, no beans in it...which is good cause beans are little balls of mushy grossness. Gonna chop a bunch of veggies for easy grabbing and boil some eggs.
       Now too eat as much sugar and shit food as I possibly can before tomorrow. Expect a crazy angry sugar deprived blog entry my tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment